This page details how to setup the AXC-BM3DF, including how to rig it to your camera, different ways to power the AXC-BM3DF, connecting it to the camera and performing lens calibration.
Do not power AXC-BM3DF with power source greater than 5 volts. Do not power AXC-BM3DF through both the Micro-USB Port and the USB-C port on the 3D focus ( only choose 1 method ). Axoncine is not responsible for any damage caused by improper usage.
How to setup AXC-BM3DF:
Setup PDF: Link
- Focus Chart ( any resolution chart or similar will work, or you can print one like this: ISO_12233 Chart )
Overview: To enable continuous autofocus you must first calibrate the attached lens. Calibration process involves mapping a measured distance from the 3D Autofocus to a focus position on the lens. To do this, you will place your camera in front of a large/flat target and adjust the focus of the lens until the image is in sharp focus; then set a calibration point. You will repeat this process, moving the camera away from the target in small amounts until you reach infinity focus of the lens; after which you save your profile and the calibration will be complete.
- Go to the lens menu from the homepage.
- Select Calibration.
- Move camera in front of target. ( this will start at the minimum focus of the lens )
- Adjust the focus of the lens using the slider (or the increment buttons) until the image is at maximum sharpness. ( use focus peaking )
- You can now Set point, afterwards the process will move you to the next point automatically.
- Move the camera back away from the target, in varying amounts until you reach the infinity focus of the lens. ( or as close to this as you can. ) You should aim for a minimum of 12-15 points; up to a maximum of 64 points.
- You can then Save Profile after you have gathered enough points.
- The calibration is now saved and will be loaded up every time you use the lens on the camera.
- Reset the AXC-BM3DF using the left button to enter back into Autofocus mode to start using continuous autofocus.